Lately I’ve been followed and asked and encounter and freaking getting into discussions and personal battles about religion and beliefs. Its exhausting and in reality, not as important when you really think about it.
Here is my disclaimer:
- I believe in free will; believe, do, adore, pray to whatever or whoever you want to, its non of my business and non of your business what everybody else does.
- Don’t try to impose your beliefs and religion thoughts on people, or me in this case, because, as stated before is non of your business and I think I’m pretty old to do what I want.
- As much as I like to talk about this topic with people who, somehow, belief the same stuffs as I do; its not recomendable to do it with people who are really passionate about their stuffs, and.. feelings, egos, and new relationships can get hurted. (any kind of relationships)
- Here is a tough one: Catholiscism, Christianity, believing in Jesus, God, Holy Mary and the other fellas are not the one and only religion or belief to follow in the world. And it doesn’t mean that people who don’t practice it are bad or going to hell inmediately after dead.
- Yes, there are ridiculous and completely WTF religions like this one..
But hey, who are we to say that there is no Spaguetti Monster somewhere that created the universe? Like I said before, is non of your business or mine.
- Yes, there are people who are really dangerous when it comes to impose their religion. They kill other people, lie, cheat and basically do almost everything that their religion tells them not to. But, let’s get this straight, its not all of the religious people, there are plenty of good people that practice their stuffs and don’t bother others. Those are good religious people.
- Like I said before, as much as I like to talk about this subject I also like to joke around but I find it, sometimes, a little rude to make fun of people who are talking about their beliefs. Because as much as we like to be treated as equal and not to joke around with our shit, we ought to do the same thing towards them. But hey if you want to do it, fine, I just find it rude.
- When we start talking, hanging out and surrounding ourselves with different kind of people with different perspectives we learn to be open minded, we learn to accept and realize that, God or any kind of deity, can all be resumed in something or someone who created us and the universe and that when we die (which is the only certain thing about life) it/he/she will be waiting for us in that special place and will be happy forever or reincarnate in something or, you know, the different types of after-deaths there are in religions.
- I strongly support Atheism but I’m not an Atheist because sometimes I truly feel something powerful leading, guiding me through paths (good or bad) and teaching me shit; then again, it could be life, fate, coincidence, chance, stomach ache or a gas.. but, its non of your business.
I could go on and on and on about this topic but I would never end. I’m no expert either but I believe in the freedom of choosing or follow anything you want. I deeply believe in tolerance between people, communities, groups, cultures, families or/and any other kind of peoplewise conglomeration. I believe in being a good person rather than just preaching to be a good person because actions speak louder than words. I believe I believe I believe…